RN - Ashley New Management!
Company: Pioneer Health Care Management, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Registered Nurse provides and coordinates quality nursing care
for residents; implements specific procedures and programs;
coordinates work within the department, as well as with other
departments; reports pertinent information to the immediate
supervisor; responds to inquiries or requests for information; and
assists the immediate supervisor with tasks to support department
- Provides quality nursing care to residents in an environment
that promotes their rights, dignity, freedom of choice and
individuality as illustrated by the following:
- Maintains the comfort, privacy, and dignity of residents in the
delivery of services to them. Interacts with residents in a manner
that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment.
- Uses the Nursing Process to Assess, Plan, Implement and
Evaluate care provided to residents. Assures that care is
individualized to the residents needs and preferences.
- Fully understands all aspects of residents' rights, including
the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Is
responsible for promptly reporting to the Abuse Coordinator, Charge
Nurse and administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident
abuse or violation of residents' rights.
- Assists in maintaining a safe, neat and clean environment;
addresses and resolves environmental deficiencies when possible, or
reports to the Director of Nursing for follow up.
- Provides individualized attention, which encourages each
resident's ability to maintain or attain the highest practical
physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
- Supervises other member of the health care team including
nurses' assistants and LPNs, assuring that standards, policies and
procedures are followed in the provision of care.
- Intervenes when changes in patients' conditions are observed or
- Administer prescribed medications, and or start intravenous
fluids/medications, and note times and amounts on patients'
- Administers treatments as ordered, monitoring effectiveness and
- Measure, record and monitor patients' vital signs, height,
weight, Intake and Output.
- Collect samples such as blood, urine and sputum from patients,
and perform routine laboratory tests on samples.
- Assesses results of diagnostic tests and reports to
- Documents care provided in a complete and clear manner.
- Assures that residents' hygiene, mobility, nutrition, safety,
and skin care needs are met, assisting when needed.
- Answers residents' call bells promptly and courteously.
- Assists with orienting residents and their families to the
nursing home on admission and to the unit when transfers
- Lifts, moves and transports residents, using proper body
mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the
residents, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
- Practices careful and efficient use of supplies and linen and
follows established charge procedures for resident charge
- Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed
safety and infection control procedures, including thorough hand
washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated and proper
disposal of soiled materials.
- Walks extensively to and from various locations of the unit
while making rounds and transports residents within the
- Promotes a homelike environment for residents.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his or her particular area or
to requests from residents, visitors and other personnel within
given time frames and established policy.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information in compliance
with policies and regulations.
- Completes mandatory training provided by facility in a timely
- Other duties as requested.
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties.
Education / Training:
- Graduate of accredited Registered Nurse (RN) School of Nursing
- Diploma or Associates degree.
- Must hold a current RN License in the State of Michigan in good
- One (1) year of Clinical nursing experience in a Long-Term Care
Certification, Licensure, Registration:
- Requires current BLS certification.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
- Requires the interpersonal and communication skills to
effectively deal with residents and their families to calm fears
and to exchange detailed patient information with facility
- Requires the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented
- Requires the ability to gather and assess patient information
from a variety of sources in a timely manner and relay accurate
information to professional staff.
- Requires basic keyboard familiarity, ability to effectively
utilize facility information and electronic medical record
software/system as required.
- Must embrace teamwork but can also work independently.
- Walking, standing, heavy lifting and bending for most of
- Works in a patient care environment and is exposed to x-rays,
infectious diseases, contaminated needles, as well as unpleasant
odors and patient care activities.
Keywords: Pioneer Health Care Management, Inc., Flint , RN - Ashley New Management!, Healthcare , Ashley, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!