Registered Nurse RN Float
Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Registered Nurse (RN) Position Summary:
This position performs a variety of integrated functions,
intuitively, using the nursing process while applying a broad
nursing knowledge in a caring, concerned manner.
- This position is a Float RN
A day in the life as a Registered Nurse (RN) with MyMichigan
- (30%)* Regularly assesses patient's/client's needs and provides
skilled nursing services as prescribed by the physician authorized
plan of care, and accepted standards of nursing practice.
- (30%)* Provides direct resident care, including medication
administration, treatments, call lights, assisting with transfers,
responding to alarms, etc.
- (20%)* Evaluates effectiveness of treatment plan and makes
suggestions or participates in updating/revising the treatment plan
in collaboration with other team members, utilizing current
information to improve patient care.
- (10%)* Processes physician/provider orders and performs
physician ordered care accurately, completely and in a timely
- (10%)* Follows up regarding medication changes and order
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses patient for physical, emotional, psych/social and
- Organizes and coordinates all aspects of patient care according
to the patient's perceived needs.
- Demonstrates proficiency (according to hospital policy and
procedure) in nursing skills to carry out the patient's plan of
- Evaluates patient progress by correlating patient information
with nursing knowledge to determine if goals are being met
according to the patient's plan of care.
- Communicates interactions, both verbal and written, that
clearly and positively accomplish desired patient care as a
- MidMichigan Health is a technology driven organization and
employees need to demonstrate competency in Microsoft Windows.
- Educates patients and families (including students from
Community Colleges and Universities).
- Consults and collaborates with members of the healthcare team
in planning and implementing total patient care for
- Provides teaching, support and coordination of healthcare plans
for patient and family through the acute phase of illness, and with
a focus on the continuum of care in the home and community post
discharge, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND SKILLS
- Associates Degree Nursing required. BSN preferred.
- Registered Nurse State of Michigan
- Fingerprinting prior to transfer or hire.
- Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience.
- Will work in a variety of nursing settings, as assigned.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to take initiative, to work
as a team, and to work with a variety of patients' needs.
- Speciality Certification preferred.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONSExposure
to stressful situations, including those involving public contact,
as well as, trauma, grief and death. Able to wear personal
protective equipment that includes latex materials or appropriate
substitute if required for your position. Is able to move freely
about facility with or without an assisted device and must be able
to perform the functions of the job as outlined in the job
description. Overall vision and hearing is necessary with or
without assisted device(s). Frequently required to sit/stand/walk
for long periods of time.May require frequent postural changes such
as stooping, kneeling or crouching. Some exposure to blood borne
pathogens and other potentially infectious material. Must follow
MidMichigan Health bloodborne pathogen and TB testing as required.
Ability to handle multiple tasks, get along with others, work
independently, regular and predictable attendance and ability to
stay awake. Overall dexterity is required including handling,
reaching, grasping, fingering and feeling. May require repetition
of these movements on a regular to frequent basis. Physical Demand
Level: Medium. Must be able to occasionally (0-33% of the workday)
lift or carry 21-50 lbs., frequently 34-66% of the workday 20 lbs.
and or Walk/Stand/Push/Pull of Arm/Leg controls and constantly
(67-100% or the workday) 10 lbs.
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Flint , Registered Nurse RN Float, Healthcare , Alma, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!