CNA - Ashley FT/PT
Company: Pioneer Health Care Management, Inc.
Posted on: January 23, 2023
The certified nursing assistant position provides quality nursing
care to residents; implements specific procedures and programs;
coordinates work within the department, as well as with other
departments; reports pertinent information to the immediate
supervisor; responds to inquiries or requests for information; and
assists the immediate supervisor with tasks to support department
- Provides quality nursing care to residents in an environment
that promotes their rights, dignity, freedom of choice and
individuality as illustrated by the following:
- Provides individualized attention, which encourages each
resident's ability to maintain or attain the highest practical
physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
- Is knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents,
and provides support to the residents according to their care plan.
Contributes to the care planning process by providing the charge
nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and
observations of the residents' needs and preferences.
- Attends to the individual needs of residents, which may include
assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding,
incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances,
transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating or other
needs in keeping with the individuals' care requirements.
- Maintains the comfort, privacy, and dignity of residents in the
delivery of services to them. Interacts with residents in a manner
that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment.
- Fully understands all aspects of residents' rights, including
the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Is
responsible for promptly reporting to the charge nurse or
administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or
violation of residents' rights.
- Assists in maintaining a safe, neat and clean environment;
reports environmental deficiencies to the charge nurse such as
lighting or equipment problems.
- Protects the personal belongings of each resident, including
eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing
and memorabilia. Promptly reports missing items according to
established policy and participates in efforts to locate missing
- Observes residents for changes in condition or behavior and
promptly reports these changes to appropriate licensed nursing
- Provides care that maintains each resident's skin integrity to
prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears and other damage by changing
incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents
and by applying moisturizers to fragile skin and other areas.
- Answers residents' call bells promptly and courteously.
- Performs various tasks assigned by the charge nurse, including
checking vital signs, weighing residents, applying creams/ointments
and collecting specimens.
- Assists with orienting residents and their families to the
nursing home on admission and to the unit when transfers
- Lifts, moves and transports residents, using proper body
mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with the
residents, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
- Assists and escorts residents for appointments such as at the
beauty shop or attending activities or church services.
Participates in activities and functions as directed.
- Practices careful and efficient use of supplies and linen and
follows established charge procedures for resident charge
- Completes certified nursing assistant records documenting care
provided or other information in keeping with department
- Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed
safety and infection control procedures, including thorough hand
washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated and proper
disposal of soiled materials.
- Walks extensively to and from various locations of the unit
while making rounds and transports residents within the
- Promotes a homelike environment for residents.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his or her particular area or
to requests from residents, visitors and other personnel within
given time frames and established policy.
- Must hold a current Nurse Aide Certification in the State of
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
Keywords: Pioneer Health Care Management, Inc., Flint , CNA - Ashley FT/PT, Healthcare , Ashley, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!