Home Health Nurse (RN)
Company: MyMichigan Health
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Home Health Registered Nurse (RN) Position Summary
The Staff Registered Nurse provides professional and comprehensive
nursing care within the scope of agency services. The target
patient/client population for this position is those requiring
skilled clinical home care services. Activities of this position
are patient/client focused and utilize the nursing process of
assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation in accordance
with nursing practice standards, physician orders, and agency
policies and procedures.
- Hours: Full-time with full benefits package
- Location: Alpena, MI
What MidMichigan offers their Home Health Registered Nurses
- Competitive wages and benefits package including Medical,
Dental, and Vision.
- $15,000 sign on bonus! It's a small token we can give as a
- Immediate paid time off!
- Never lose variety! Work with all patients from all different
ages and walks of life!
- Including Stroke, Oncology, Pediatrics, Heart Failure,
Post-Surgical, Home Infusions
- All priorities align with the entire Health System across all
- Culture of safety!
- We focus on patient experience and our quality of care.
- Tuition reimbursement to continue your education!
- Retirement fund with a company match!
- Leadership and organizational skills case managing patients
with a variety of needs
- Assessment skills to develop a comprehensive plan of care
- A full resource system of resources to assist in your career,
including HR, Education, Professional Development and more!
A day in the life as a Home Health Registered Nurse (RN) at
- (20%)* Regularly assesses patient's/client's needs and provides
skilled nursing services as prescribed by the physician authorized
plan of care and accepted standards of nursing practice.
- (20%)* Initiates plan of care for assigned patients/clients and
revises and adapts as necessary.
- (20%)* Provides nursing care (or arranges for services through
specialized staff) through ongoing visits to a group of
patients/clients, sharing the patient/client case load.
- (15%)* Coordinates patient/client care by evaluating outcomes
and providing on-going feedback to others involved in care relative
to patient status and changes needed on patient care plan.
- (15%)* Coordinates care provided by Licensed Practical Nurses
(LPN) and Home Health Aides and supervises Licensed Practical Nurse
(LPN) as needed.
- (10%)* Notifies physician of changes in patient/client
condition and care needs and obtains new orders as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions as case manager for assigned case load if
- Implements preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures
and utilizes community and agency resources for optimum
- Utilizes Agency documentation system to record services
provided according to agency, professional, and program
- Provides patients/clients/caregivers/physicians with the
necessary information to promote informed decision making leading
to the achievement of optimal level of independence and as required
by regulatory agencies.
- Establishes a Home Health Aide care plan and supervises the
Home Health Aide according to Agency guidelines.
- May make joint visits with other disciplines to assure
consistency of care.
- Functions as part of multi-disciplinary team in coordinating
care including planning for discharge.
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as
indicated on the plan of care.
- Conducts patient, caregiver, and family counseling and
Required Education, Experience, Training, and Skills:
- Associate's Degree Required; Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Michigan
- Driver's License and Vehicle Insurance Required.
- Fingerprinting upon hire required.
- One year of direct patient care experience is preferred.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating problem solving
and organizational skills.
- Ability to work where employee may be exposed to communicable
diseases in unpredictable home situations.
- Ability to drive in hazardous road conditions
Keywords: MyMichigan Health, Flint , Home Health Nurse (RN), Healthcare , Alpena, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!