RN Registered Nurse - 3S Telemetry
Location: Grand Blanc
Posted on: September 23, 2022
We Are Hiring: Ascension Genesys Hospital is a state-of-the-art
community teaching hospital with 410 beds, a level 2 emergency
trauma center with a cardiac rapid diagnostic center, the Genesys
Heart Institute, the Family Birthing Center, and expanded clinical
expertise in neurosciences, orthopedics, geriatric services,
oncology, and surgical procedures in almost every specialty area
including minimally invasive and robotic procedures.
We offer rewarding career paths for healthcare professionals across
all disciplines. Ascension offers a collaborative environment with
competitive wages and opportunities for advancement.
Job Information :
Registered Nurse - 3S Telemetry
Part Time Days: 7a-7:30p, M-F and QOWE, 36-60 hours per pay
Ascension Genesys - Grand Blanc, MI
Benefits include :
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a retirement plan
- Competitive compensation
- Paid time off
- Professional development
- Wellbeing programs and holistic growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption assistance What You Will Do: Use independent
professional judgment, analytical skills, and the nursing process
to provide a full range of delegated, interdependent, and
independent nursing services to patients. Within the framework of
the Seven Dimensions of Patient Care and Benner's Domains of
demonstrates clinical competence; compassion and customer service
orientation; focus on process and outcomes; and cost-consciousness
when assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care
provided to patients.
- Seven Dimensions of Patient Care: Coordinate development of a
multi-disciplinary plan of care in accordance with Nursing Problem
Care Sets (Core Outcomes and Core Intervention Sets) and/or
clinical practice guidelines, age-specific requirements and
professional and regulatory requirements to ensure appropriate
length of stay, use of resources, and achievement of quality
- Provide patient care that reflects a respect for patient's
rights, dignity, values, culture, preferences, and expressed needs.
Assesses patient/family needs for information and education across
the continuum, plans and implements patient teaching using a
variety of techniques and methods, and
evaluates effectiveness of educational interventions.
- Help to alleviate patient fears and anxiety through skillfull
application of professional and interpersonal communication.
- Utilize a variety of pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic
approaches to ensure patient comfort and relief of pain. Involves
patient, family, significant others in development of plan of care.
Collaborate with patient/family, hospital staff, and community
agencies to develop discharge plans that prepare patients for
continued care needs.
- Orientation Self-Evaluation: (C) Competent (NT) Needs Training
- Standards of Performance:
- Seven Domains of Nursing Practice.
- Helping/Teaching &Coaching:
- Incorporate all elements of Signature Care in Daily
interactions with patient:
- Introduce self and writes name on whiteboard.
- Discuss plan of care with patient/family.
- Explain meds and treatments, provide teaching as
- Ask if patient needs anything else before leaving room.
- Assess health status and determines care needs of the patient.
Performs ongoing reassessment as required.
- Complete Admission Assessment and shift assessment as
- Complete assessment for Risk Factors; including fall, skin
breakdown, VTE, and aspiration. Initiate appropriate initiatives as
indicated SKINN Bundle, Fall Prevention Plan, SCD, etc.
- Complete Medication Reconciliation upon admission and change in
level of care.
- Establish, direct, coordinate and document plan of nursing care
in conjunction with patient/family.
- Initiate Problems and Outcomes list (plan-of-care) based on
medical diagnosis and patient needs.
- Monitor, document, and report patient response to interventions
and progress toward outcomes.
- Document nursing interventions (NIC) and progress toward
outcomes (NOC); patient education; and evaluation every shift, as
- Educate patient regarding treatment plan, safety measures,
medications, and self-care as indicated. Document education
activities on shift assessment flowsheet and plan of care
- Work with Case Manager to ensure appropriate referrals
initiated prior to discharge.
- Review discharge plans/instructions with patient prior to
discharge, including signs/symptoms to watch for after leaving the
hospital. Ensures appropriate follow-up arranged.
- Ensure that core measures Discharge Instructions are given to
all CHF patients.
- Document patient care according to established documentation
- Administration of Therapeutic Regimens:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill application of basic nursing
procedures - dressing change, catheterization, NG tube insertion,
- Implement/complete medical interventions as ordered.
- Initiate standing orders appropriately.
- Initiate and/or assists with all patient care activities
including activities of daily living and provides other services as
required for patient comfort, safety, and well-being.
- Assess and initiate interventions to prevent/minimize patient
- Follow clinical practice guidelines and procedures as
- Establish and maintain peripheral IV therapy.
- Obtain body fluid specimens, per procedure. Obtains blood
specimens if no phlebotomist assigned to area.
- Perform blood capillary glucose monitoring.
- Administer the following according to established policies and
- Blood products.
- Prepare patients for surgery or other invasive procedures
according to established guidelines.
- Perform or assist with procedures according to established
standards of care and nursing practice.
- Utilize equipment based on manufacturers instructions and
established nursing procedure. Correctly operates and trouble
shoots IV pumps, PCA pumps, epidural pumps, feeding pumps, patient
beds, as applicable.
- Monitoring Patient Responses/Responding to Changing Patient
- Regularly reviews work in progress to ensure that treatments,
medications, and tests ordered are expeditiously carried out and
- Review patient medical record/reports and confers with
physician regarding treatment plans. Routinely checks chart for new
- Monitor patient physiologic parameters including vital signs,
lab work, I&O, blood glucose; recognizes and reports meaningful
changes and intervenes appropriately. Documents interventions
- Monitor presence and intensity of patient s pain on admission,
after pain producing events, with each new report of pain, and
routinely at regular intervals. Informs patient about pain relief
and pain relief measures; administers pain medication or
alternative interventions as indicated; includes
pain management resources in the discharge plan/instructions.
- Recognize acute changes in respiratory status - dyspnea,
cyanosis, tachypnea, respiratory depression, airway obstruction and
- appropriately with direct intervention and physician/SWAT
- Recognize acute changes in neurologic status/decreased LOC and
responds appropriately with direct intervention and physician/SWAT
- Recognize acute changes in cardiac status - tachycardia, chest
pain and responds appropriately with direct intervention and
- Recognize acute changes in urinary output and responds
appropriately with direct action and physician notification.
- Utilize SBAR tool or other standardized approach to data
collection and information sharing when notifying physician of
- Respond appropriately to life-threatening emergencies through
initiation of CPR, assembly of emergency equipment, and immediate
interventions (as allowable and indicated).
- Perform emergency equipment checks.
- Provide appropriate support/summons appropriate resources for
families in crisis/grieving process.
- Ensuring Quality of Health Care Practices:
- Communicate with other professionals/departments and physician
staff to ensure appropriate progress of patients through the
- Monitor individual patient length of stay (LOS); notifies case
manager and nurse manager of potential LOS/discharge issues.
- Identify ethical issues related to patient care (including
issues related to advanced
directives) and initiates steps for resolution.
- Demonstrate adherence to patient confidentiality
- Communicate with patients and families cordially,
diplomatically and respectfully.
- Act to resolve customer concerns/complaints immediately;
reports complaints that cannot be immediately resolved to Patient
Care Director, Clinical Manager, or House Supervisor.
- Promote a physically safe environment for the patient including
use and documentation of restraints according to policy.
- Utilize universal precautions for all patients.
- Make cost effective use of supplies and resources.
- Assist in evaluating new products, procedures, nursing
- Support organizational, nursing department, and unit strategic
goals and activities; participates in department and unit based
council/staff activities meetings...... click apply for full job
Keywords: Ascension, Flint , RN Registered Nurse - 3S Telemetry, Healthcare , Grand Blanc, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!