Company: Mid Michigan Health
Posted on: August 6, 2022
**Sign On Bonus Now Available**
Under direct supervision of the provider, will be responsible for
patient assessment and care, and maintaining appropriate
documentation. This position must have basic knowledge of specialty
and/or primary care and able to assess, plan, implement and
evaluate care for patients. This position is responsible for
coordinating care to assure high quality, compassionate patient
care is provided. They will maintain and oversee patients at the
office locations and will act as the liaison with other
organizations and departments. This position may be required to
order all medical, pharmacy supplies, and office supplies to manage
patient care. They will assure compliance with all the
policies/procedures of MidMichigan Health and follow Occupational
safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines, Clinical
laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations, and all
appropriate regulatory agencies. They will coordinate with and
train any new employees, students and float staff as required. The
clinical person will provide patient education, assist with
specialty care modalities, symptom management, be available for
emergencies, monitor for compliance and the effects of care
management with high risk patients, educate on prescriptions and
teach the patient and family the reasons for the medication and
side effects, coordinate and ensure continuity of care with other
providers. Also, may perform general office duties (keyboarding,
filing, telephone, computer and office equipment) as needed. The
expectations outlined in this job description may vary slightly
depending on the practice in which you are assigned. Your immediate
supervisor will be able to clarify your responsibilities for
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- (30%)* Triages all calls, schedules daily urgent/emergent
add-ons, receives and relays test results. Supports, directs and
refers patients for consults and/or testing and insurance
pre-certification and documentation.
- (30%)* Greets patients and/or family, performs routine
pre-examination procedures including vital signs, assessing and
recording objective and subjective data concerning presenting
condition. Updates and maintains an accurate patient record by
performing but not limited to, orders reconciliation, secure
messaging (if available) and other tasks as assigned. Performs
medication reconciliation, enters allergy reaction type, processes
refills within the scope of their certification.
- (20%)* Assists provider with examinations and procedures.
- (20%)* Prepares and cleans the patient area, sets up equipment,
cleans and facilitates room set up after a procedure. Disposes of
contaminated supplies and sterilizes medical instruments.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides complete patient assessment as indicated within the
scope of the practice.
- Performs patient care measures including injections, minor
dressing changes, and obtaining blood specimens.
- In some practices may be required to, demonstrate competency to
assist with procedures such as, but not limited to
electrocardiogram (EKG), Pulmonary Function Test (PFT), Ankle
Brachial Pressure Index (ABI), and Non-stress Test (NST).
- Assists in maintaining a clean and safe environment for
patients and co-workers.
- If applicable, maybe required to travel to satellite
clinics.Understands necessary computer functions in the office
setting: MAPS, MCIR Practice Management, Electronic Medical
Records, LIS, Emageon, dictation systems, and any other necessary
programs to assist providers and staff.
- Demonstrates critical thinking for patient management.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and ensures patient s
rights in accordance with proper procedures and in compliance with
HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act).
- May be asked to perform clerical duties - filing out insurance
forms, correspondence, arranging hospital admission, answering the
telephone, updating/filing patient s medical records.
- Orders supplies and medications.
- Maintains a system for accurately documenting and coding, in
the medical record as appropriate and per policy. Participate in
annual review for quality and completeness as necessary.
- Provides for the age specific needs of the population served
according to department standards and policies/procedures as
evidenced by observation, documentation and peer feedback.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- MidMichigan Health is a technology driven organization and
employees need to demonstrate competency in Microsoft Windows. An
employee may be required to participate in further learning
opportunities offered by MidMichigan Health.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND SKILLS:
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed to communicate
successfully with individuals and groups and interact with people
at all levels to communicate ideas and concepts in a clear and
- Mandatory Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
training must be done annually according to the Exposure Control
- Knowledge of medical office policies, practices and procedures
as normally acquired through three to five years working in the
health care system or similar setting.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Exposure to stressful situations, including those involving
public contact, as well as, trauma, grief and death.Able to wear
personal protective equipment that includes latex materials or
appropriate substitute if required for your position.
- Is able to move freely about facility with or without an
assisted device and must be able to perform the functions of the
job as outlined in the job description.
- Overall vision and hearing is necessary with or without
- Frequently required to sit/stand/walk for long periods of
- May require frequent postural changes such as stooping,
kneeling or crouching.
- Some exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially
- Must follow MidMichigan Health bloodborne pathogen and TB
testing as required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, get along with others, work
independently, regular and predictable attendance and ability to
- Overall dexterity is required including handling, reaching,
grasping, fingering and feeling. May require repetition of these
movements on a regular to frequent basis.
- Physical Demand Level: Light. Must be able to occasionally
(0-33% of the workday) lift or carry 11-20 lbs., frequently (34-66%
of the workday) 10 lbs. and or Walk/Stand/Push/Pull of Arm/Leg
Keywords: Mid Michigan Health, Flint , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Prudenville, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!