Unit Manager (RN)
Company: Prestige Healthcare
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Did you know? Caring deeply for others is a valuable gift, one
that you should treasure. Fortunately for you, you can put that
gift to excellent use here at MediLodge of Howell, and we will go
above and beyond to invest in it AND you as a person. Whatever your
talents may be, we want to help you make the most of them. We are
rated 5-stars in Quality of Resident Care and are an integral part
of the large MediLodge portfolio of 49 skilled nursing and
rehabilitation centers located throughout Michigan
Whether you love to help others heal and live meaningful, healthy
lives or just love to be part of a team where every person plays a
critical role, we have a place for you.
We are now accepting applications for a Unit Manager Registered
Nurse (RN). See what a career at MediLodge of Howell will mean for
Can You Answer Yes to the Following Questions? If So, Apply Today!
Are you a Registered Nurse looking for supervisory experience and
growth? Do you feel you have hit a road block with career
advancement opportunities and want to join a leading long-term care
provider in Michigan? Are you feeling burnt out in your current job
due to the pandemic? Do you have the desire to establish a bond
with your patients instead of experiencing constant turnover? Do
you want to utilize your clinical leadership skills to help develop
our next generations of nurses and CNAs? What Do We Offer?
At MediLodge of Howell, we understand that our employees work best
when they are healthy, happy, and excited about the here and now,
as well as the future. For that reason, we offer a wide range of
benefits with their well-being in mind, including: What Benefits Do
We Offer You?
Competitive Wages Electronic Scheduling - You Manage Your Work
Schedule Excellent Career Advancement Opportunities That Meet Your
Goals Daily Pay, Weekly Pay, Bi-Weekly Pay Options Through On-Shift
Wallet (stat pay) Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
for You & Your Family Employee Benefits Concierge - to Guide You in
Maximizing Your Benefits Tuition Reimbursement Student Loan
Repayment Program Company Paid Life Insurance Paid Vacation Days
with Rollover Option and Sick Time 401k Retirement with Company
Match Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account
(FSA) Mobile Phone Discount Program Unlimited Referral Bonuses and
more Live outside of the Howell area? We have multiple staff who
commute to Howell from Lansing, Flint and Jackson areas and we
welcome you too!
TEXT: UM RN HOW to (833) 383-6754 to Apply
Thank you for considering a career with us!
We can't wait to meet you!
Responsible for directing the entire operation of a nursing unit in
a long-term care healthcare facility
- Education: Graduate of accredited school of nursing, degree
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) (if state requires) or
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN) in state employed.
Valid CPR teaching certificate, if applicable.
- Experience: Three years of nursing experience, of which one
year was in a long term care environment.
- Performs General Management Functions such as hiring,
disciplining and evaluating employees
- Plans and facilitates meetings and committees to address
resident care issues for the unit
- Manages area of responsibility with the goal of achieving and
maintaining the highest quality of care possible.
- Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating
programs that promote the recruitment, retention, development and
continuing education of nursing staff members.
- Contacts physicians as necessary and ensures physicians
interventions are timely and appropriate
- Reviews staffing patterns and census of nursing units, and
reassigns personnel when necessary to ensure staffing meets
resident needs and budgetary controls.
- Monitors the clinical operations of the unit and resident's
conditions and ensures that appropriate and quality care is
- Obtains medications, supplies and medical records needed to
provide safe, efficient and therapeutic care to residents on a
- Assists in the orientation of new personnel, monitors their
skills and guides and observes staff that may need assistance with
- Participates in facility "QA" program
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Skilled in motivation of staff and leadership.
- Skilled in work assessment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their
family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of state and federal requirements for accreditation
- Possesses basic computer skills
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse resident and employee
Keywords: Prestige Healthcare, Flint , Unit Manager (RN), Healthcare , Howell, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!