Certified Pharmacy Tech
Location: Grand Blanc
Posted on: May 15, 2022
We Are Hiring: JOB INFORMATION:Certified Pharmacy TechnicianPT
Rotating: - -primary 8:30p - 7a & secondary 2:30p - 11p; every
other weekend, half the holidaysBenefit Eligible PositionAscension
Genesys Hospital - Grand Blanc,MIAscension Genesys Hospital is a
state-of-the-art community teaching hospital with 410 beds, a level
2 emergency trauma center with a cardiac rapid diagnostic center,
the Genesys Heart Institute, the Family Birthing Center, and
expanded clinical expertise in neurosciences, orthopedics,
geriatric services, oncology, and surgical procedures in almost
every specialty area including minimally invasive and robotic
procedures. - We offer rewarding career paths for healthcare
professionals across all disciplines. - Ascension offers a
collaborative environment with competitive wages and opportunities
for advancement.Benefits include: - - - - - - - - - -Medical,
dental, vision, life insurance, and a retirement plan with match -
- - - - - - - - -Competitive compensation - - - - - - - - - -Paid
time off - - - - - - - - - -Professional development - - - - - - -
- - -Wellbeing programs and holistic growth opportunities - - - - -
- - - - -Tuition reimbursement - - - - - - - - - -Adoption
assistance What You Will Do: Under the direction of a registered
pharmacist, fills medication orders (including making IV
admixtures), maintains records, and performs related duties.
Follows departmental and Medical Center policies.
- Package and label medications as required for dispensing.
- Compound creams, ointments, and oral solutions under direction
- Sort and file patient orders, profiles, prescriptions and other
- Access pharmacy computer system to record information, run
programs, print reports and labels.
- Handle phone inquiries, direct calls to appropriate
- Monitor medication expiration dates.
- Keep work area neat and clean.
- Maintain logs, records, other required documentation, and file
in appropriate location.
- Stock medications and supplies.
- Assist in training of new personnel.
- Performs other related duties as directed by staff pharmacist
or pharmacy coordinator.
- Inpatient Pharmacy-Specific Duties, Responsibilities:
- Receive, direct work flow from window and pneumatic tubes.
- Fill physician orders, medication carts, floor stock
- Process admission, transfer, discharge invoices.
- Prepare intravenous admixtures, stock intravenous solutions,
irrigations, other sterile products.
- Uphold procedure, activity standards for clean-room
- Retrieve unused meds from nursing stations.
- Process patient med charges.
- Make scheduled med deliveries (runs) to point-of-use
- Enter charges, credits for patient meds; restock unused
- Complete, document med storage area inspections as assigned;
identify, replace outdated, unusable drugs.
- Fill carousel, perform routine maintenance on automated
- Record, dispose of expired meds, IVs.
- Check, replenish crash cart, dialysis, EMS box meds.
- Outpatient Pharmacy-Specific Duties, Responsibilities:
- Provide exemplary customer service.
- Enter prescriptions into pharmacy computer system.
- Receive prescriptions, verify that information is complete,
- Use Telemanager system to process phone-in prescriptions,
- Fill baker-cells, perform routine maintenance on APS
- Order, label, count stock of medications, supplies, enter
inventory data into computer.
- Receive incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices,
inform supervisor of stock needs, shortages; place orders on
- Transfer prescriptions under direction of pharmacist.
- Enter purchases on pharmacy cash register.
- At point of sale, verify that customer receives correct
- Scan prescriptions into pharm computer system.
- Establish, maintain patient profiles in pharm computer
- Communicate with pharmacy benefit manager as needed for
- Transport third-shift employee prescriptions, back-up tapes
to-from main pharmacy.
- Communicate with prescribers to obtain refill
- Assist pharmacist maintaining efficient workflow.
- Minimum Qualificatons--Inpatient Pharmacy:
- Ability to compound medications and mix intravenous products
under supervision of pharmacist.
- Minimum Qualifications-Outpatient Pharmacy:
- Good customer service skills.
- Proficient with MS Windows.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Work independently without constant supervision.
- Accurate typing skills.
- Essential Functions:
- Intradepartmental, Medical Center wide mobility including
transporting wheeled carts.
- Lift, transport 30 pound boxes.
- Remove, replace items from under counter and above counter
- Ability to work at a laminar flow hood, vertical flow
- Basic math, analytical, organizational skills.
- High degree of manual dexterity to accomplish medication
packaging, preparation, handling pneumatic tubes.
- Ability to use computer for work processes.
- Effective communication skills with pharmacy co-workers,
pharmacists, pharmacy coordinators, nursing personnel, ancillary
department personnel using oral, written, telephone and
- Working Conditions: Well lighted, computerized pharmacy;
working at computer terminal 10-25% of time; standing or moving
about department most of shift; must travel to nursing stations;
lift, carry supplies, equipment involved; possibility of finger
puncture from sterile syringe needle during IV admixture
preparations (can be prevented with proper technique); includes
handling chemotherapy meds; exposure minimized by using proper
- Orientation Requirements: Must attend Medical Center new hire
and department orientations.
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level
of work performed by people assigned to this classification; It is
not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties,
responsibilities or qualifications for people so classified, nor is
it intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any
supervisor to assign, direct, and control work of employees under
their supervision; the most recently dated job description on file
in Human Resources will be considered the official job description.
What You Will Need: Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Certified Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Pharmacy
Technician Certification Board (PTCB) obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date.In lieu of a Pharmacy Tech certified by the
PTCB, certification from the NHA will be acceptable required.
- Licensed Pharmacy Tech credentialed from the Michigan Board of
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited program
- Graduate of Pharmacy Tech program preferred. Additional
- Hospital experience preferred
- experience preferred. Why Join Our Team: Ascension Michigan
employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers across 16 hospitals
and hundreds of related healthcare facilities. Our care teams are
dedicated to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which
sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. We
provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a
collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, we invite you to apply today.When you join Ascension,
you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country
committed to a Mission of serving others and providing
compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture,
continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings
are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use
to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly
$46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth
and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow
and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our
team today. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Keywords: Ascension, Flint , Certified Pharmacy Tech, Healthcare , Grand Blanc, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!