Polysomnographic Technologist / Sleep Lab
Company: Ascension (System Office)
Location: Grand Blanc
Posted on: April 10, 2021
We Are Hiring:
FT Days from 6:30 am to 5 pm
What You Will Do:
Perform Basic and advanced diagnostic sleep studies.
* Prepare patients and equipment for ordered testing. Interview
patients to determine sleep disorder issues and to explain testing
* Perform and document testing. Monitor patients throughout testing
and intervenes as necessary to resolve patient needs or equipment
* Collect, analyze and integrate patient information to identify
and meet patient-specific needs; scores, interprets and reports
results of sleep studies.
* Prepare, calibrate, repair and maintain equipment required for
testing. Determine and report needed repairs/replacements.
* Collect and report quality assurance and performance improvement
* Lead and participate in activities to assure high quality patient
services and adherence to legal and accreditation standards.
* Coordinate and participate in activities related to patient
scheduling, billing and patient experience.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. American
Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted
upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA
* One or more of the following:
* Reg Polysomnographic Tchnlgst credentialed from the Board of
Registered Polysomnograhic Technologists (BRPT) obtained prior to
hire date or job transfer date.
* Registered Sleep Technician credentialed from the American Board
of Sleep Medicine (ABSM) obtained prior to hire date or job
* Registered Respiratory Therapist - Sleep Lab Disorder Specialist
(RRT-SDS) credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care
(NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
* Previous experience working as a polysomnographic technologist is
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Michigan employs over 20,000 compassionate caregivers
across 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities.
Our care teams are dedicated to providing spiritually centered,
holistic care which sustains and improves the health of the
communities we serve. We provide generous paid time off for
work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional
development opportunities and more to help our associates flourish
personally and professionally. If you are looking for a rewarding
career in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4
billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community
benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates
and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of
ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites
of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living
facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Genesys is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and
affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran
status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Flint , Polysomnographic Technologist / Sleep Lab, Healthcare , Grand Blanc, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!