Rehabilitation Assistant-Direct Care/ Genesse County/ Part-time
Company: Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers, Inc.
Posted on: November 23, 2020
The Rehabilitation Assistant (Direct Care Worker) plays an
essential role in carrying out Rainbow's mission to inspire the
people we serve to realize their greatest potential. Through their
interactions and activities with adult and pediatric clients, the
Rehabilitation Assistant assists Rainbow professional staff in
administering therapeutic rehabilitation programs in the home and
at the treatment center. Therapeutic rehabilitation programs may
include ambulation, swimming, physical exercises, leisure
activities, occupational therapy, arts and crafts, recreational
games, and community outings. The Rehabilitation Assistant is also
responsible for providing care, support, comfort, and safety to
clients in a Rainbow residential home, residential facility, or
their own individual residence. Additional duties include:
assisting with activities of daily living such as personal hygiene,
showering, dressing, toileting, etc.; administering bedside care
and performing healthcare-related tasks such as monitoring vital
signs and medication under the direction of the nursing staff;
performing housekeeping duties such as cooking, cleaning, laundry,
dishes, running errands, personal shopping, planning and preparing
meals; and using a motor vehicle to transport clients to and from
locations outside the home such as appointments and outings.
* Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers is constantly applying CDC and
governmental recommendations regarding the safety of its
Part-time availbility includes day and afternoon hours:
Shift hours will range from 8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. varing days of
9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. ( one Saturday a month )
Begin your career in healthcare with us! Gain valuable experience
as a Rehabilitation Assistant-RT Training is provided, no
experience is required.
$14 - $16/hour starting rate* plus bonus program
*Starting rate is based on prior related experience, education and
training and assignment. Starting rate is $14/hour. Earn up to an
additional $2 more based on a combination of your related
experience, education and training.
Earn up to another $1,500 per year with our Performance Bonus
Program! Our Rehabilitation Assistant Performance Bonus Program is
paid out on a quarterly basis. Employees must meet performance
criteria to be eligible for the bonus each quarter. Eligible
part-time employees receive a pro-rated bonus.
Great benefits for full-time employees that includes:
- Health Insurance including Medical/Rx, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare and Dependent Day
- FREE Short-term Disability
- FREE Long-term Disability
- FREE Employee and Dependent Life and Accidental Death &
- Paid Time-Off (PTO) for vacation, personal and illness. New
full-time employees can accrue up to 12 - 15 days per year
depending on your role.
- 9 paid holidays and a holiday premium when working the holiday
All employees regardless of status can participate in:
- 401k plan with company match
- FREE Employee Assistance Program that includes Counseling
Services, Estate Guidance and Will Services, Funeral Planning and
Concierge Services, Travel Assistance and ID Theft Protection
- Outreach events, including employee volunteer programs,
clothing and food drives, and other employee-led initiatives
- Health services, such as blood drives, Adult and Pediatric CPR
& first-aid classes, and flu shots
- Employee discounts through the LifeMart Discount Program and
TicketsAtWork Requirements for the Rehabilitation Assistant
- Have a High School Diploma, GED and/or proven ability to read
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Acceptable driving record
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Acceptable under the State of Michigan's Good Moral Statute
Physical Requirements for Rehabilitation Assistant:
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Ability to lift, transfer, rotate, push, pull, and assist
patients weighing up to 150 pounds who are partially or totally
dependent for moving about and maneuvering a manual
- Other physical requirements include stooping, bending,
twisting, standing, and walking throughout an 8-hour shift.
- Must be able to execute physical techniques, including bringing
patient safely to the ground level.
- Must be able to execute CPR and other emergency first aid
procedures according to prescribed standards. License,
Certification or Registration(s) Requirements for Rehabilitation
- Michigan driver's license and acceptable driving record.
Michigan Chauffeur's license must be obtained within 2 weeks of
- CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) and First Aid - Adult and
Pediatric Certification required or obtained within one week of
employment (training provided at orientation).
- Must be able to drive an automobile.
Language/Writing/Communication Requirements for Rehabilitation
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively with
co-workers and clients in an English-speaking environment. Other
Requirements for Rehabilitation Assistant A bility to -
- Work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- Reason and make judgments and decisions.
- Work effectively and courteously under stressful
- Manage time well, set priorities, perform multiple tasks, and
organize diverse activities.
- Deal effectively with inappropriate behaviors of clients,
including hostility and aggression.
- Recognize inappropriate or manipulative behavior in difficult
or challenging situations.
- Calmly and repetitively model appropriate behavior in difficult
or challenging situations.
- React to situations, i.e., rescue, preventing a client from
- Maintain regular and punctual work attendance. Relevant
keywords: Entry level, Full Time, Health Care, Healthcare, Home
Care, certified home care, Managed Care, group home, assisted
living, nursing home, skilled nursing, SNF long term care, aides,
attendant, patient sitter, Care Giver, Care Provider, Caregiver,
Certified Home Health Aide, Certified Medication Aide, CMA
Certified Nurse Aide, CNA Certified Nurses Aide, certified nursing
aide, Certified Nursing Assistant, CENA CNA's, Companion, direct
care, Direct Care Worker, DCW Geriatric Nursing Assistant, GNA
HHA's, Home Care Aide, Home Health Aid, HHA Homemaker, Licensed
Nursing Assistant, LNA Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN Medical
Assistant, MA nurse aide, Nurses' Aide, Nursing Aide, Nursing
Assistant, NA nursing assistant, Nursing Assistant, Patient Care
Assistant, PCA Patient Care Technician, PCT personal care aide,
Personal Care Aide, Personal Care Assistant, PCA Personal Care
Attendant, PCA rehab assistant, rehabilitation assistants, State
Tested Nursing Assistant, STNA Flint, Genesee, Grand Blanc, Burton,
Keywords: Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers, Inc., Flint , Rehabilitation Assistant-Direct Care/ Genesse County/ Part-time, Healthcare , Flint, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!