Social Worker - Case Manager
Company: Genesys Health System, MI
Posted on: October 6, 2018
Job ID: 268785 Social Worker - Case Manager Flint, Michigan Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: Social Wrkr/Case Mgr MSW-PACE City, State: Flint, MI Location: Genesys PACE Department: Social Service 001 Additional Job Details: Full-Time Days About Us As the leading healthcare provider in mid-Michigan, Genesys has been improving our community's health for more than 95 years, and part of Ascension since 1999. As a group of affiliated medical campuses, outpatient centers, primary care locations including a network of 160 primary care physicians and ancillary healthcare organizations, we share a philosophy of providing personalized care to every person we serve. Job Description Job Summary: Investigates, assesses and plans interventions to help patients cope with social, emotional, economic and environmental problems. Responsibilities:
- Interviews patients, assesses priorities and documents case activity.
- Consults with team managers, statutory and voluntary agencies and patient's relatives to ensure compliance with patient's treatment plan.
- Assists clients/families with obtaining community assistance by referral to proper resources.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with community health, welfare and social agencies and seeks creative means to assist the client with his/her needs.
- Responsible for direct social work and case management services to participants of the Genesee County PACE program; works under direct and indirect supervision of Center Manager or his/her designee but is independent in the application of advanced social work knowledge and skills; provides such social services support as participant screening, case management, counseling and referral; will be required to drive daily for meetings and/or visits to participant homes and residential facilities
- Participates in the Interdisciplinary Team's initial assessments, care planning and periodic reassessments (minimally every 6 months) of participant's case. Assessments are to be completed prior to the scheduled team meeting. Communicates participant changes to team members.
- Maintains current written case management records, including periodic reassessments of program participants.
- Coordinates 24 hour care delivery; provides individual and family counseling, develops and leads group counseling and activities
- Refers participants and families to appropriate community agencies or facilities, acts as liaison with such organizations and as advocate for participants.
- Encourages effective relationships among staff geared to team building and maintenance of a cohesive team; routinely demonstrates ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group, coworkers, participants, caregivers and the public
- Consults with and advises staff members as to the relationship of social, emotional and cultural factors to health and medical care, and as to the availability of social services in the community.
- Participates in program and policy development of the social work component of the program.
- Facilitates enrollments and dis-enrollments from Genesys PACE of Genesee County; serves as nursing home liaison for respite admissions (secures bed and completes admission packages)
- Facilitates Medicaid application and re-determination process with Michigan Dept of Human Services.
- Documents participant changes appropriately in the medical record.
- Demonstrates active participation in the Quality Improvement (QI) process; participates as member of the Interdisciplinary Team; attends staff meetings and takes part in participant care planning; participates in training activities
- Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification; it is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for people so classified, and it is not intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Drivers License credentialed from the Michigan Secretary of State obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Must have use of a reliable vehicle in good condition.
- Licensed Master Social Worker specializing in Case Management credentialed from the Michigan Board of Social Work .
- One or more of the following:
- Valid Automobile Insurance credentialed from the Auto Owners Insurance obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Requires liability limits of at least $100,000/$300,000 required.
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1.5 Months (45 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Or Certified Instructor. Education:
- Master's Level Degree
- Requires Master's level degree from an accredited school of social work. Work Experience:
- Requires 2 years experience as a Social Worker, with 1 year experience working w/frail, elderly population. Individual therapy skills for geriatric participants, analytical thinking and problem solving abilities. Includes home visits to private homes of Genesys PACE/Genesee County participants, frequent travel. Acts only within the scope of his/her authority to practice. Meets a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by Genesys PACE/Genesee County and approved by CMS before working independently. Must also be medically cleared for communicable diseases & have all immunizations up-to-date before engaging in direct participant contact. How To Apply We urge you to apply to any/all positions that you have interest in. If you fit the qualifications for the role, we will reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well as additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understanding your qualifications and fit for the position(s) you've applied for. Equal Employment Opportunity Genesys PACE will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement Genesys PACE participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Genesys Health System, MI, Flint , Social Worker - Case Manager, Executive , Flint, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!