Location: Bay City
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Posted Date 1 month ago (6/21/2022 7:41 PM) City Bay City
State/Province Texas Overview: Purpose and Summary of position:
Reporting to the Site Director, the Environment Manager is
responsible for leading all environmental programs and regulatory
activities at our Bay City facility.Key responsibilities focus on
managing strategic environmental permits and compliance assurance
programs, leading and coordinating permit application activities,
and leading global projects. This position will work closely with
the site leadership team, the corporate EHS team, and the regional
environment teams.Responsibilities: Responsibilities:
- Manage strategic environmental permits and compliance assurance
programs with technical/regulatory issues in accordance with
applicable federal, state and local environmental regulations for
the Bay City facility.
- Coordinate permit applications, amendments and renewals as
needed to ensure that permits are up-to-date, permit applications
contain accurate information, and permit conditions are met by the
- Maintain up-to-date compliance assurance programs (e.g.,
environmental operating limits, lists of allowable emissions,
production rates, and other conditions/variables that are required
by permit to ensure compliance).
- Ensure that personnel understand required tasks and other
elements needed to ensure compliance.
- Develops programs including training and technical guidance to
identify and remove or mitigate potential hazards from the
facilities, operations and work areas.
- Develop, complete, and submit as required, compliance and
emissions reports in accordance with air permit requirements and
state and federal regulations prior to the regulatory
- Maintain compliance assurance program databases within assigned
area, interpret regulations, and identify sound compliance
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
site leaders, operations, process engineering, project engineering
staff and other regional environmental professionals.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, and compliance to
company EHS policies. Qualifications:
- At least 7 years of experience managing environmental
compliance in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience applying requirements of environmental
regulations (air, water, waste). Knowledge of Texas regulations is
- Bachelors Degree and relevent experience OR at least 7+ years
of experience working in Environmental Air Regulations. Sorry the
Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Celanese is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Celanese does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or
mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other
basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the
basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Interested in this opportunity? Note: If you were referred by an
employee (they set-up your profile) to this opportunity, you can
add and/or update your resume/CV before or after applying to this
Career Opportunities Question?Please feel free to call our
recruitment operations center at 1-855-475-0008, if you have any
questions about the application process or your status.
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family
Keywords: Celanese, Flint , Environmental Manager, Executive , Bay City, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!