Health & Wellness Director
Company: SERRATO CORPORATION
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionPositionHealth & Wellness DirectorReports
ToCenter Director DepartmentHealth & WellnessFLSA STATUSExempt -
Full TimePrimary Position ObjectivesProvides daily management and
oversight of the Health and Wellness Center. Provides nursing
services. Directs the Wellness Staff engaged in providing health
services for all students and ensures departmental programs and
standards meet all DOL, PRH, Center and Serrato Corporation
requirements. Manages the delivery of health services, support, and
education that will enhance student employability and help students
maintain a healthy lifestyle. Ensures that quality health services
are delivered in a professional, caring, and cost-effective manner.
Focuses on wellness and disease prevention. Provides education on
becoming "Fit for Work". Oversees the accommodation of students
with disabilities; coordinates with appropriate medical and center
staff. Ensures that quality health services are delivered in a
professional, caring, and cost-effective manner.Brief Description
- Supervises nursing requirements on Center.
- Monitors health services activities to ensure that quality
services are provided to all students.
- Schedules meetings with appropriate personnel for discussion of
any problems and/or suggestions relating to students' healthcare
- Dispenses prescribed medications.
- Supervises and assists in physical examinations of all new
- Orders all drugs and medical supplies and stores when
- Supervises and maintains medical supplies.
- Maintains adequate inventory control for all medication.
- Documents individual charts for all enrollees seen by medical
or dental personnel.
- Ensures that all enrollees return for special treatment or
medication ordered by a doctor.
- Keeps log on all infirmary patients.
- Coordinates IDT meetings.
- Clears students for participation in sports.
- Establishes and monitors weight improvement programs.
- Assists counselors and instructors in presenting health
education program information.
- Establishes and monitors weight improvement programs.
- Ensures that dental and mental health productive standards are
being met as outlined by HMIS.
- Ensures integrity of budget.
- Explores third party medical payments for students, such as
vocational rehabilitation, etc.
- Develops agreement of understanding with local health
- Provides CPR, first aid, AIDS and Non-Health Standing Orders
training to all appropriate staff.
- Works toward meeting performance management goals.
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulations, Job Corps
notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with
- Holds regular staff meetings at least twice a month, documents
meetings and submits documentation to the Center Director.
- Screens and attempts to solve all student problems before
referring them to the Center Director or other areas.
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success
- Helps students become more employable through continuous
- Evaluates personnel under his/her management and makes
recommendations regarding disciplinary actions, promotions, and/or
- Participates in PRH mandated staff training. Failure to
participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including
- Supervises RN, medical/dental clerk, TEAP counselor, dental
assistant, and laboratory technician.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Key CompetenciesPerformance
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly
confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and
verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively
listens to others. Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several
projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and
- Implements the key principles of time management, task
allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the
highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided
via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting
with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation's Healthy Workplace
- Acts as a team player and builds professional relationships
with coworkers to achieve goals. Leadership & Management
- Ability to exceptionally manage and lead staff from diverse
- Committed to investing in and developing staff and positioning
them to succeed.
- Mission-oriented and possesses a strategic vision.
- Motivates staff and provides coaching and/or feedback when
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word,
Power Point, Outlook, and Excel.
- Computer literacy with basic computer functions, email,
internet, ans basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- High level of leadership & management skills.
- High level of organizational & communication skills.
- Ability to show patience and compassion when providing nursing
services to patients who may have negative
emotion.ExperienceMinimum of three years of related experience or
training is required. Supervisory experience
required.EducationRegistered Nurse. Minimum of an Associate's
Degree in nursing. Active, unrestricted license to practice in
state where Center is located.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Active, unrestricted license to practice in state where Center
- State Professional Nurse License (RN).
- Current BLS/CPR certification.
- Valid State Driver's License.Physical DemandsThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit, stand, and walk; to reach with hands, arms, talk,
and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use
hands and fingers to handle, or feel; to taste and to smell. The
employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.Work
EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The
noise level can vary from moderate to loud. Benefits Offered
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision,
critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K & 401K Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service ProgramDisclaimers
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug
Keywords: SERRATO CORPORATION, Flint , Health & Wellness Director, Executive , Flint, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!