Art Appreciation Instructor (part-time)
Company: Mott Community College
Posted on: August 6, 2019
Location: Flint, Michigan, 48501, United StatesJob ID: Position
Title: Art Appreciation Instructor (part-time)Company Name: Mott
Faculty facilitate student learning and initiate and participate in
efforts to consistently improve the level of student success. As
learning facilitators, faculty consistently assess learning
outcomes and their own teaching effectiveness (pedagogy). As
professionals, faculty adhere to the ethical standards of their
profession as outlined, for example, by the NEA and the State of
Specific Teaching Assignment:
Faculty member will be responsible for teaching classes in Art
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
1. Master's degree in Art History or an MFA in a studio art field,
art & design, art foundation, or closely related with a minimum 18
graduate credits in art history coursework from a regionally
2. Teaching experience in art history courses in a higher education
3. Understanding of and commitment to community college teaching,
mission and philosophy.
4. Innovative, flexible and positive teaching style and
understanding the needs of students from diverse backgrounds.
5. Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general
business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures,
or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
6. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions
percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and
7. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal
with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule
8. Technology Skills: Ability to integrate computer applications
9. Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to apply knowledge of
current research and theory to instructional program; ability to
plan and implement lessons based on division and college objectives
and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned. Ability
to establish and maintain collegial relationships with students,
peers, staff, and administrators; skill in oral and written
- A foreign degree must be certified, at the candidate's expense,
by a professional evaluation service.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1. 2 years of teaching experience at the community college
2. Experience utilizing technology to enhance teaching (i.e.,
online/digital resources & course management software).
Keywords: Mott Community College, Flint , Art Appreciation Instructor (part-time), Education / Teaching , Flint, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!