Academic Instructor Substitute/ On-call
Company: Flint Genesee Job Corps Center
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Position Academics Instructor Substitute Reports To Academic
Manager Department Academics FLSA STATUS Non-Exempt - On-call
Primary Position Objectives This position is an on-call position
and is distinguished from an Academic Instructor in that work is on
an as-needed basis. Prescribes individual and/or group lessons
designed to assist students in overcoming specific difficulties in
mathematics and reading. - Provides instruction to students
enrolled in Reading, Mathematics, Workplace Communications, Career
Success Standards (CSS), Health Education, Driver's Education or
HSD/HSE. - Conducts and manages academic classes. Brief Description
- Performs as an instructor, as needed in a substitute capacity,
in a regular classroom setting, presenting instruction in the area
of Reading, Mathematics, Workplace Communications, CSS, Health
Education, Driver's Education or HSD/HSE.
- Endeavors to promote a positive and desirable atmosphere within
the classroom setting, ensuring maximum student motivation.
- Maintains a high degree of discipline within the classroom in
order to ensure maximum learning.
- Establishes a high degree of student/instructor rapport.
- Works directly with the career tech instructors in coordinating
- Utilizes all possible curricular resource available at the
- Makes adequate preparation for classroom.
- Maintains students' personal folders, recording personal data,
including test scores, evaluations, incident reports, achievement
awards, and any other pertinent information concerning students.
Records attendance in CIS.
- Participates in ESP's (evaluation of student performance).
- Evaluates student employee's performance in academics and CSS.
Provides regular feedback to student employees regarding
- Works toward meeting performance management goals.
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Assists with quarterly graduation exercises.
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulations, Job Corps
notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporation's core values
and operating principles.
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success
- Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory.
Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and
including termination. -
- Perform other duties as assigned. Key Competencies Performance
Standards/Results Effective Communication
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly
confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and
verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively
listens to others. - Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several
projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and
- Implements the key principles of time management, task
allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the
highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided
via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting
with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation's Healthy Workplace
- Acts as a team player and builds professional relationships
with coworkers to achieve goals. - - - - - - Leadership &
- Ability to exceptionally manage and lead students from diverse
- Committed to investing in and developing students and
positioning them to succeed. -
- Mission-oriented and possesses a strategic vision. -
- Motivates students and provides coaching and/or feedback when
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word,
Power Point, Outlook, and Excel.
- Computer Literacy with basic computer functions, email,
internet, and basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- High level of communication, interpersonal skills, and
- High level of ability to motivate, inspire, and train students
effectively. - Experience Minimum of one to two years related
experience in education. Education Bachelor's degree in education
from a four-year college or university and/or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Certificates, Licenses,
- Certified, licensed, or accredited in the state in which the
Center is located or is accredited by a professional trade
organization.(RO may waive if Center is unable to hire certified or
licensed instructors, but candidates must pursue
- Valid State Driver's License. Physical Demands The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; to reach
with hands and arms; and talk and listen. The employee must be able
to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, and peripheral vision. Work Environment The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. - While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise
level can vary from moderate to loud. Benefits Offered
- 401K -& 401K -Matching
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service ProgramDisclaimers
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug
Keywords: Flint Genesee Job Corps Center, Flint , Academic Instructor Substitute/ On-call, Education / Teaching , Flint, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...