Company: American Hospitality Management
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionAccounting SpecialistAmerican Hospitality
Management, Inc. (AHM.) is looking to add an accounting specialist
to our team! AHM is an award-winning hotel management company
located in Cheboygan, MI. AHM manages hotels across the United
States. The right candidate must possess a high standard of
customer service, strong work ethic, attention to detail, they will
be thorough and organized and behave in a friendly and courteous
demeanor to all fellow team members and corporate staff.
Responsibilities include providing accounts payable and payroll
processing support for our 20+ hotels across the United States. The
ideal individual will be self-motivated and detail/deadline
oriented. Must be able to multi-task, problem solve and work in a
team environment. Experience with Excel and Microsoft office is a
must. Experience in the hotel and/or restaurant industry a plus.
This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position with starting
compensation based upon qualifications. AHM is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Summary: Member of the accounting team that ensures
accurate processing and recording of multiple properties accounts
payable and payroll transactions and provides timely and accurate
financial information. Accurately issues pay to vendors and
employees in accordance with established practices and guidelines
in compliance with State and Federal laws.Essential Duties &
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving,
processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing
system balances to supporting detail.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing
invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors while monitoring cash flow availability, discount
opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and
preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice,
or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Prepares/mails or coordinates the preparation and mailing of
all required tax documents (i.e. 1099s, W-2s, etc.) as part of the
year end processes.
- Enters, maintains payroll records in the payroll system;
information may include employee's hourly rates, salaries,
commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave
and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and
other information. Processes required documents through payroll to
ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll, collect property timecards, total,
verifies hours worked and vacation. Deducts appropriate amounts for
employees (i.e. taxes and garnishments).
- Coordinates the issuance, or reissuance, of physical or
replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or
- Assists Property General Managers in establishing personnel
- Provides administrative support functions as needed (i.e.
correspondence generation, record keeping and file
- Maintains historical records by scanning and/or filing
documents in compliance with applicable AHM/legal
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
- Protects organization's value by keeping information
- Ensures procedures and policies are administered in accordance
with federal and state regulations.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.Education
Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent with some college
or technical school course work and minimum of 2 to 5 years'
experience in accounting or any equivalent combination of education
and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and
abilities. Knowledge of financial and accounting software
applications. Knowledge of federal and state payroll compliance
regulations. Competencies/Required Skills/Abilities:
- General knowledge of the accounts payable function to include
basic principles of finance, accounting and bookkeeping.
- General knowledge of the payroll function including
preparation, balancing, internal controls, and payroll taxes.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management
skills, attention to detail, thoroughness and deadline driven.
- Experience with accounting and payroll processing software and
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to nurture vendor and supplier relationships.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work either independently or collaboratively as
- Conduct self in a manner of a high level of confidentially,
good judgement and privacy.
- Ethical conduct.
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Customer service skills.Work Environment: Conditions are normal
for a high-pressure office environment. Work may require weekend
and/or Holiday/evening work. Safe working environment.We are proud
to offer the following benefits:
- 401(k) Program (Employer Matching Contribution/ Discretionary
- Employer paid Long-Term Disability
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- PTO/ Bereavement Pay/Paid Holidays
- Hotel discounts
Keywords: American Hospitality Management, Flint , Accounting Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Cheboygan, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!